Thursday, September 18, 2008

Well, I started the Optifast diet as of yesterday. It's a medically-supervised liquid diet for 12 weeks, followed by 5 weeks of transitioning back to food. It's a year-long program where I have to attend a 3-hr lifestyle management course every week for the first 6 months, then 6 more 3-hr classes over the last 6 months. The program is at: www.ottawahospital.on.ca/programs/weightclinic

So far, it's easier than I expected. I've taken time off work this week in case, because I had read about people having a really hard time the first week. So far, I'm ok but I'm glad not to be at work since I'm very, very tired.

I've re-started doing crochet as a something to keep my hands and mind busy so I don't eat. I used to crochet 20 years ago but haven't done any since. I took a refresher course at Wool-Tyme (http://www.wool-tyme.com/) last Saturday and I'm having a 1-hr private lession this Saturday. I'm having fun at it so far but I'm not particularly good at it yet. Doesn't matter, it's fun.

C'est tout, for now.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ha! Why do you think I knit! Started Weight Watchers a few weeks ago so I can relate. I have a colleague here at work who did the hospital supervised program (still on it actually but into real food now) - very successfully. Good luck and if you need to talk fiber you know where to find me!

Lisa