Sunday, October 12, 2008

Can't say I'm having a thrilling Thanksgiving but I'm doing ok. On Thanksgiving weekend, my mother always has her brothers and sisters over for a weekend of celebrating. They come from Quebec City and Thetford Mines and we have a great time. On Saturday, Mom makes Oktoberfest stuff and normally on Sunday, I make a beef bourguignon that I bring over. This year, Mom decided it was unreasonable to expect me to do that so she's made a turkey instead. In addition, she figured it would be very difficult for me to sit through the suppers so both days, I've spent time with everyone before supper but then when it's time for supper, I've come home. Hubby has stayed there and called me to pick him afterwards. It's wonderful support to really help me. And I'm getting lots of crochet done :) But I definitely miss the meals. Mom promised I can come over tomorrow to pack a lunch container that I can freeze to eat when I'm eating again. I'll be looking forward to that. She's also promised to make me a turkey during the Christmas holidays when we visit them in Florida. Looking forward to that too.

I'm reminding myself that I've lost 20.5 lbs to date and will lose more and I have to hang in there. I really have no problem with sticking to it but I'm just sad to have missed the suppers. At least I got some time for chatting before and I know they're all rooting for me.

I'll be slimmer and healthier to enjoy it next year.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Exactly! Good for you and I'm glad your family is so supportive...keep it up...you can do this!